Tuesday 3 August 2010

Behind closed doors

Those who see me on the outside see a happy disposition, friendly and chatty. The worm is about to turn. I am tired of being a 'people pleaser', you know the type, happy to take on other peoples woes and comfort them, forever a shoulder to cry on. Nobody has noticed I am crying. On a daily basis, tears run down my cheeks silently while the world passes by. I no longer feel inclined to shoulder anyone else's burdens, I have enough of my own.

Will the world cease to turn? No. Will friends flock at my door to try and ease my sorrows? No. There is not a great deal I can do about that and knowing me if they did turn up, I would turn their help away. I am stubborn and pig headed and for the life of me I can't let anyone in to help.

If you have managed to stumble across my ramblings then I apologise, they are rather self absorbed at present and merely a way of purging myself. At this point in my life I am bereft and bereaved. For that I make no apology. No doubt at some point I will rise again, but for now I am most comfortable wallowing thank you very much.

I lost someone. Not just anyone, someone. Mum.

No comments:

Post a Comment